Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A challenge to Virginia Democratic gubernatorial candidates

Right now this field of three white men talking essentially about the same issues in the same way looks really boring and same old, same old to me. I don't see any obvious reason to turn out for the Democratic primary to vote for any of you.

I looked at your Web sites. They are depressingly similar and none of you seem to be interested in talking to me. Pretend I am one of the 149,000 eligible Hispanic voters in Virginia. Do you care enough to talk to me in my language -- Spanish -- about the issues that most affect me? Do you care enough to advertise in the media I read? Why should I vote for any of you? My vote contributed to Virginia going for Obama in the 2008 presidential election. Doesn't that tell you anything at all? As my friend Fr. Hoyos would say: Pónganse las pilas, hermanos!

No comments:

Post a Comment