Friday, July 31, 2009

On the road to Emmaus

For all regular blog readers: I'm not going to be posting again until next week. I'm at a conference at Notre Dame called "Camino a Emaús: The Word of God and Latino Catholics." It is very enjoyable, especially being able to reconnect with old friends from MACC, which is well represented, as well as meeting other Biblical scholars who I have always wanted to meet. As soon as I can get home and have my USB cable, I promise a quick write-up and photos. We treated our bishops like superstars but they only got a fraction of the adulation shown to Hermana Glenda! Sorry, guys...;-)

On a sadder note, please say a prayer for Padre Hoyos and for the family of Maricel Castillo Mora. Maricel is the lady we stayed with last summer in El Salvador and Padrecito sent an e-mail saying that she has lost her battle with cancer and gone home to God. She was a devoted Catholic and a strong supporter of MAPAVI. Que en paz descanse. Estamos muy tristes. Here is a photo from back in April when we thought Maricel had more time with us:

No comments:

Post a Comment