Monday, September 28, 2009

A Salute to Padre Miguel on his feast day

Tomorrow is the feast of all of the archangels and it makes me think of my friend Padre Miguel Gabriel Cruzado Silveri, SJ who, thanks to a conflict of naming traditions in his family, is "dos veces santo".

So I did what I usually do when I miss someone. I "Google" them to see if anything turns up.

So, for those of you who, like me, are missing Padre Miguel, here is a video interview with him last year about a group of indigenous musicians, Ensemble Urubich√°, who play baroque music. It is a fascinating journey into the history of Jesuit evangelization in Latin America as well.

The interview has been divided into six parts. Here is the first one and there are links to the rest of the videos below it.



1 comment:

  1. Rebel girl I would like to know where is father Miguel Cruzado if you know please let me know ...Texas here Oscar... take care later

    ReplyDelete