The Cuban American theologian was emerita professor of ethics and theology at Drew University and the author of numerous books, including En la Lucha/In the Struggle: Elaborating a Mujerista Theology (Second edition, Fortress Press, 2003), La Lucha Continues: Mujerista Theology (Orbis Books, 2004) and Mujerista Theology: A Theology for the 21st Century (Orbis Books, 1996). She also edited Hispanic/Latino Theology: Challenge and Promise (Fortress Press, 2006) and co-authored Hispanic Women: Prophetic Voice in the Church with Yolanda Tarango (Harper & Row, 1988). She was also the founder and co-director of the Hispanic Institute of Theology at Drew.
I'm sure there will be a lot of commemorative essays written about her as word of Dr. Isasi-Díaz's death spreads so I don't intend to add to them, but I will compile some of them on this blog for those who want to know more about this brilliant woman, whose death is a great loss to both Hispanic and women's theology.
- Dr. Ada María Isasi-Díaz's Web Page
- Ada's Blog -- maintained by Ada and then her family during her final months of life
- Miami Herald obituary for Dr. Ada María Isasi-Díaz
- Ada Marìa Isasi-Díaz, Mother of Mujerista Theology, by Michelle Gonzalez Maldonado, Associate Professor of Religious Studies at the University of Miami
- Mother of Mujerista Theology Dies, Isasi-Diaz Was 69, by Rose Marie Berger, author and journalist
- Remembering Ada María Isasi-Díaz, by Kate Ott, Assistant Professor of Christian Ethics, Drew University
- Ada María Isasi-Díaz, Dissident Catholic Theologian, Dies at 69, by Paul Vitello, New York Times, 6/5/2012
Photo: Dr. Ada María Isasi-Díaz in one of her last public speaking engagements at Call to Action, 2011