The website also offers a list of courses and the faculty who will be teaching them, including some well-known names in liberation theology.
According to the university, the goals of this degree program are:
- Exposing graduate students to the rich heritage of Latin American theologians
- Analyzing the current social and ecclesial situation theologically
- Contributing to research on the history of the various indigenous religions
- Making possible the development of theological knowledge that is proper to Latin America
- Forming professionals who are characterized by honesty about reality and a will to seek and tell the truth, leadership in promoting fraternity, peace, justice and solidarity, a commitment to the poorest and most marginalized members of society and to evaluating ecological questions.
Because many readers of this blog are interested in Latin American theology, we have decided to help UCA publicize its offering in this space.